Established in 1984, SK Telecom is the largest mobile operator in Korea by both revenue and number of subscribers. The company holds around 50 percent of the market, with 30.16 million mobile subscribers including 21.65 million LTE subscribers. It has reached KRW 17.092 trillion in revenue in 2016.
SK Telecom has led the advancement of mobile technologies ranging from 2G to 4G, and is currently setting important milestones in its journey to 5G. The company is not only leading innovation in the field of mobile network, but also providing IoT, AI, automotive, media, home and platform services. SK Telecom is determined to play a significant role in the Fourth Industrial Revolution by achieving innovations and promoting shared growth with other players in the industry.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- 5-band CA Commercialization (2017)
- 5G Federated Network Slicing (2017)
- 5G-based Connected Car (2016)
- Nationwide Deployment of LoRaWAN (2016)
- 3-band CA Commercialization (2014)
- 150Mbps LTE-Advanced (2013)
- 5.76Mbps HSUPA (2007)
- HSDPA Commercialization (2006)
- Satellite DMB (2005)
- WCDMA R4 (2003)
- CDMA 2000 1x/EV-DO (2000)
- CDMA (1996)
- Wi-Fi tech. w/ quadrupled speed (2017)
- LTE-A (2011)
SK telecom's Network Technology